As a Business Development Manager at Azuronaut you will be focused on growth and driving scale at the front-line of our Workplace from Facebook team. As an early member of this function, you have the opportunity to impact the organisation and ultimately help us build the sales function.
You will create pipeline by leveraging your sales ability measured by the quantity and quality of new opportunities you uncover. You excel in an environment that requires getting your hands dirty while also applying your strategic insight as we scale.
Reports to: Leadership Team
Direct reports: N/A
Key working relationships: Leadership Team, Marketing, Workplace Team
Frequency of Appraisal: One formal appraisal per annum
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Workplace from Facebook sales team to deliver a sales pipeline that will contribute to the company growth goals across EMEA.
- Build deep relationships with customers, prospects, industry professionals and associations and leverage them to drive awareness and reach for Workplace.
- Engage and attract prospects through interactions (telephone, email and in-person) to drive discovery meetings and generate pipeline.
- Qualify all sales leads and drive leads through the sales process. Partner with Facebook as a peer during the Workplace sales process for major accounts. Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness for Workplace.
- Test and develop innovative, effective, and scalable inbound and outbound prospecting techniques.
- Understand and demonstrate a detailed understanding of Workplace by Facebook and associated services.
- Qualify sales opportunities, set proper customer expectations, and handle negotiations. Direct the sales process involving other resources, such as Solutions Architects and Consultant.
- Consistently developing a pipeline to successfully achieve assigned revenue and margin goals.
- Effectively structure, write, deliver proposals, presentations, demos and overcome objections
- Experienced – you have been in the SaaS sales space for some time in business development, inside sales or account management
- Entrepreneurial – you can map out what needs to be done to get the outcome, you’re self-directed and always deliver
- Superb communicator – you build excellent relationships through your strong phone presence, excellent written language capability.
- Sales Track Record – you can quantify your wins like phone based new business, generated leads, nurtured leads, appointments set along with negotiate contracts, deliverables and price
- Agile Learner – you can pick up and explain new product ideas and processes to business decision makers.
- Self-starter – you are used to a fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Have used a sales tool previously such as Salesforce.com
- Can explain and demonstrate product benefits of a SaaS solution with ease.
We have a close working relationship with the team at Facebook (in particular the Workplace team), collaborating daily on customer activities and market initiatives.
Workplace’s mission is to revolutionise the way people connect, communicate and collaborate at work, by bringing the powerful tools Facebook has built over the last decade into the workplace.
Business development: 3 to 5 years required